Office for Institutional Effectiveness and Planning Mission
The mission of the Office for Institutional Effectiveness and Planning (OIEP) is to provide leadership and guidance in support of accreditation, assessment and evidence-based planning at the College of Charleston.
In pursuit of this mission, the assessment team demonstrates knowledge of nationally-recognized practices and standards and serves as institutional consultants in order to:
- Provide effective management and leadership of accreditation-related activities;
- Develop and maintain systematic academic and operational assessment processes in support of College planning and priorities;
- Provide relevant training and feedback in support of practical methods of measurement and evaluation;
- Collaborate with constituents to ensure planning and decision-making activities follow best practices; and
- Build capacity for assessment, planning and continual data-driven improvement.
The College of Charleston is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). SACSCOC defines Institutional Effectiveness in The Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement.